Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness April 2017

I've had a few weeks' break from blogging but I have been stitching!  I have a few gifts to share with you today, both sent and received, and some gifted things that I have been using in my stitching.

Firstly I sent some charts to Clare and as a thank you she stitched this pretty stitching ornament for me.

Ornament from Clare

Thank you Clare, I love it!

I was also one of the lucky winners of a posting competition on Needlecraft Haven for the largest percentage increase in the number of posts over the first three months of the year.  I don't know how Clare worked out the maths but I was so happy to receive this gorgeous fabric and matching threads and I already have a project picked out for them!

Gift from Clare

I recently took part in a Needlecraft Haven Easter Exchange.  I was lucky to receive another ornament from Clare, this one.  I hope you can see from the photo how tiny and neat Clare's stitches are!

Easter ornament from Clare

My partner was Dusty and I sent her this ornament, chart courtesy of Danybrod.  I also sent some chocolate but sadly it melted en route, luckily it didn't damage the ornament.

Ornament for Dusty
Design by Danybrod
Stitched on 28 count Brittany evenweave with DMC threads
Started 27 February 2017, finished 1 March 2017


On Needlecraft Haven there is a Four Seasons SAL which I eagerly signed up for.  I already had this chart which was a gift from Rachel and the threads came from a box of Six Stranded Sweets threads that Julie gave to me at the Needlecraft Haven Autumn meet-up.

A Very Merry Spring by JBW Designs
Stitched on 16 count Sunshine aida by Sew it All
with Six Stranded Sweets threads Winter Green and Patti Cakes
Started 3 March 2017, finished 4 March 2017

Julie also very kindly gifted me these twelve charts from Lizzie*Kate, I am keeping up so far.

A Bit of April by Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on 16 count Sunshine aida by Sew it All
using recommended DMC threads
Started 2 March 2017, finished 3 March 2017

And just this morning the postman delivered this lovely chart from another stitching friend, Sally.  Thank you Sally!  I am hoping to stitch all four of these charts next year.



I will be back soon I promise to show you what else I have been stitching.  Bye for now!

Justine

33 comments:

  1. wow such beautiful gifts..i love them all so much..
    so pretty..
    sending you love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gifts coming and going!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Justine lovely stitching and gifts , looks like you had a few good weeks stitching.
    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well there is a lot going on in your latest post :)
    Great gifts and lovely stitching and finishing.
    Your ornaments look all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty Easter ornaments that were sent and received! Good job keeping up with the Lizzie Kate's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful stitching and lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in GG this month and I'm glad it broke the blogging drought! You've certainly got some gorgeous gifts to show this month. The egg shaped ornies do look good, are they tricky to make?
    I think I "need" those CC seasons too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love these egg shaped ornaments! Beautiful! And that little bunny is so cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is a lot of beautiful stitching and finishing and gifting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's like Christmas in April! So much to see on this post. The stitching is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching and stitched gifts too. A very Merry Spring is just beautiful, i love how you finished it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely gifts Justine. Your stitching is beautiful.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all those pretty stitched eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful gifts Justine, you are a very lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely post to end the blogging break. Lots of lovely gifts received and sent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your needle has been busy :) lovely stitching to show and great gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely win there Justine... I do always enjoy to pop in & read your latest blog post... all the various Easter gifts & ornies are beautiful♥
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty post, I love those eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lovely gifts! The stitching and finishing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lot of beautiful stitching and gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad that you have been able to do lots of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What lovely stitching gifts! I love the pattern of the fabric you won, and you have been working on such lovely projects x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an incredible amount of gifting going on in this post. Don't you just love the generosity and talent of stitchers? A post truly worthy of the GG SAL. I can't wait to see what you do with your winning fabric and threads. I love the colours. Lucky girl, well done
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful gifts from you and your friends:) Lovely stitching, enjoy the new charts!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Merry Spring is so sweet, a fabulous finish. Lots of nice gifts you had in the mail.
    It was lovely to see you yesterday. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful gifts! Enjoy all your new goodies :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. So many wonderful gifts! I love all of the cute Easter eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all those eggs, what a fun exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all your gifts - both made and received.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A lot of stitching and beautiful gifts, love the pretty fabric and threads from Clare and the Easter ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A great GG post - with lots and lots of gifts. I particularly love all the stitched eggs, they are are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The march fairy is cute as button ,,lovely soft colors.The Gift is very pretty!


    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete